We know a thing or two when it comes to laundry; it comes with the territory of cleaning and repairing dryer vents. That’s why we know plenty of laundry hacks to save time and keep your laundry looking & feeling its best. Here are 10 of our favorite hacks.
1. Want soft & fluffy towels all the time? The secret is vinegar + baking soda! Add those to your towel loads with 1/2 the recommended detergent and you’ll never have a stiff towel again.
2. Ever shrunk one of your or your family’s fave sweater? Don’t toss it, fix it! Soak the sweater in a solution of hair conditioner and warm water, then stretch it gently back to its original size.
3. Having issues with fading colors? Just add a handful of salt to the wash!
4. Speaking of salt, if you get rock salt stains on your pants after a morning of salting the winter driveway you can remove them by brushing the stains with a soft hairbrush to remove any dried rock salt, then sponging on a mix of 1 tablespoon of white vinegar with 1 quart of warm water. Let the pants air dry, then launder as normal!
5. Have smelly jeans? As odd as it may sound, freezing jeans once a month will kill odor causing bacteria.
6. Want to speed up dry time for your air dry item? Place it in a salad spinner to help remove excess water.
7. Having trouble removing stains at the armpits of your shirts? Fix it with a combo of lemon juice and baking soda.
8. Don’t wash your jeans every time you wear them. Instead wash them every 3-5 wears to preserve their original shape.
9. Have grease or oil stains? Remove them with chalk.
10. Know what the biggest culprit of static cling is? Over drying your clothing. Dry your laundry for the shortest amount of time possible to reduce it.
There are a plethora of laundry hacks available to keep your laundry squeaky clean and like new. Try one or combine a few and see how much better your laundry cycle has become!
We're the experts for professional Northern NJ Dryer Vent Cleaning & repair! Give us a call at 201-345-0055 so Northern NJ Dryer Vent Wizard can help you save energy, time, and money. Some of the towns we service include: Bergen County, NJ Essex County, NJ Passaic County, NJ Morris County, NJ Ramsey, NJ and the surrounding NY Metro areas!