Believe it or not, fall is right around the corner—just a little over a month away! Are you and your home ready for fall weather? If not, it’s never too early to get started on preparing your home for cooler weather. Read on for a few tips on how to keep your home in tip-top shape and extra safe during the upcoming months.
• Check for drafts in your home. It’s a bit of a process, as you’ll need to check around all windows and doors to see if you feel any air flow, but well worth it if it keeps cool air out! If you find places where drafts can enter, seal it up. (Pro tip for checking for drafts—light a candle and see if the flame flickers.)
• If you have a chimney, the next month or so is when you want to have it cleaned. After all, it’s been months and months since you’ve used it, which means tar and toxins could’ve built up inside. Hiring someone to get rid of these means less chance of a fire in the future.
• When’s the last time you checked your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors? If you can’t remember, now’s the time to test them to ensure they’re still in working order. And if your smoke or carbon monoxide detector is over ten years old, it’s time to replace it!
• Do you have anything on the outside of your home or in your yard that needs to be repaired? Then, you might want to jump on getting that done while the days are still longer (and warmer!).
• We also recommend having your dryer vents cleaned in the next month or two, if you haven’t had it done yet this year. With cooler weather comes an increase in static electricity in your dryer vents, which can ignite built-up dryer lint and cause a fire.
You still have a little bit of time before the official start of fall, but don’t put tasks like these off for too much longer!
We're the experts for professional NY Metro Dryer Vent Cleaning & repair! Give us a call at 845-610-2779 so NY Metro Dryer Vent Wizard can help you save energy, time, and money. Some of the towns we service include: Orange County NY, Rockland County NY, Middletown NY, Tuxedo Park NY, Warwick NY the surrounding NY Metro & Northern NJ areas!