Sun, Fun, & Clean
Warmer weather is finally here! Have you finished your spring cleaning yet (or started preparing for summer as it's right around the corner)? If not, we've got a few items you should add to your list that you may not have gotten around to just yet.
1. Dishwasher & washing machine. Both of these machines can suffer from hard-water buildup and limescale, especially since they’re on duty several times during the week. You can find products designed specifically for use to run in your dishwasher that will remove limescale and mineral buildup. Newer models of dishwashers have filters - to clean a sticky dishwasher filter, simply remove and soak in an all-purpose solution! Most people will run their washing machine thru the self-cleaning cycle every once in awhile, but really to clean water lines, you should run a cup of distilled white vinegar on a hot washing cycle. As for the rest, just wipe the machine down and you're set!
2. Sprinklers. Now is the time to check those sprinklers before it gets any warmer. First check for broken heads (sprinklers can easily be clipped with a lawnmower!) and replace those. To clean clogged heads, simply remove the head and basket and rinse thoroughly with water, then reattach. Voila! Easy peasy.
3. Drapes, upholstery, and shades. Sunnier days bring about a downside – they show us just how icky our drapes and shades actually get. Ew...It's an easy fix though! If you're unable to remove drapes for washing, use your vacuum's upholstery brush on them instead. For blinds and lampshades (and general dusting), use a microfiber duster. And don't forget to use your vacuum's crevice tool to vacuum in-between couch cushions. Lord only knows what's in there!
4. Fridge. You already wipe down the inside of your fridge and wash out your storage bins with warm water but there's ick hiding in your fridge. Dirt, dust, grease, and pet hair can all collect on your fridge's condenser coils which, besides being gross, makes your fridge work harder. To clean, unplug it and remove the base grill. Using a vacuum’s soft brush attachment, clean the front surface area and open areas behind the grill. It's also a good idea to check your filters and replace if necessary.
5. Dryer vents. You didn't think we were going to leave this one out, did you? Ha! You guys know the drill – dryer fires are the leading cause of home fires. Nearly 3,000 dryer-related fires occur each year, resulting in a total of $35 million in property loss – and it's easily preventable. Be sure to clean out your lint filter each and every time you use your dryer. Then, call us to clean your dryer vents because we are rock stars. (& modest.)
Don't forget these items while you're waiting for the sun and fun to arrive! They'll save you time, money, and heartache in the long run.
We're the experts for professional NY Metro Dryer Vent Cleaning & repair! Give us a call at 845-610-2779 so NY Metro Dryer Vent Wizard can help you save energy, time, and money. Some of the towns we service include:
New City, NY
New York Metro, NY
+ the surround NY Metro area! =)